Wednesday, 19 September 2018

Chapter Thirty Nine: Now and Forever.


Ainsley and Nathaniel greeted their guests at the gates of Myshuno Meadows.  They had perfect weather for the wedding.  Bob, who was master of ceremonies, was front and centre also.  People milled around happily for a few moments.


When everyone was arrived and ready, Bob came forward to where the happy couple were waiting under the arch.  He thanked everyone for coming, said some nice things about love and made a joke about his daughter.


Eliza led those that were able in a rendition of Noel Paul Stookey's Wedding Song, There is Love.



Nathaniel and Ainsley exchanged vows and rings.

"With this ring, I give you my promise
that from this day forward
I will give you all my love,
and you shall not walk alone.
I have no greater gift to give.
As your love is my anchor,
and your trust is my strength,
May my heart be your shelter
and my arms be your home.
As this ring has no end or beginning,
so shall my love for you be.
As I place it on your finger,
I give you all that I am,
and all that I shall become."


Then the bride kissed the groom, rather than the other way around.


Ainsley played a short program on the grand piano.



Everyone went inside for the reception.


Nathaniel and Ainsley cut the cake.



Emmet wanted to know if this made Addison his Aunty -it's possible the cheeky boy knew this comment would upset her as he laid just the right emphasis to make "Aunty" sound old.


Nathaniel and Ainsley started the dancing to Air Supply's Now and Forever.
When it was all over, they departed for a brief honeymoon.  Bob was going to take care of Emmett.

No comments:

Post a Comment